Laser Hair Removal
For Men & Women
Want to get rid of unwanted hair? GentleMax Pro laser hair removal treatment at Skinflection Spa will be the best solution for you. This single-consolidated treatment is perfect for all skin type laser hair removal as well as pigmented lesions.
This high-performance, dual-wavelength laser platform combines the fastest 755 nm Alexandrite laser with the 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser. This advanced laser treatment has high-performance treatment capabilities in terms of speed, efficacy, ease-of use, outstanding performance, safety and patient satisfaction.
- Studies have shown up to 80% reduction in hair after a series of treatments
- The GentleMax Pro will NOT treat white, blonde, or gray hairs!
- Some reds hairs will not achieve desired efficacy.
• Different areas have different percentages of hair in the Anagen phase at any given time.
- For most areas 4-6 treatments are necessary to achieve desired hair clearance.
- One may need more or less than 6 treatments depending on hair type, previous methods of hair removal, and skin color.
- Shave hair with a new razor 24-48 hours prior to treatment
- If the patient has a history of cold sores/fever blisters, an anti-viral can be prescribed
- If there is concern over pigmentary changes, a prophylactic bleaching cream can be used weeks prior to treatment No plucking, waxing or tweezing for 6 weeks prior to and after treatment
GentleMAX Pro – Laser Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Pigment Correction
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time for paperwork including intake forms and consent.
- Please alert the staff or provider of any medication allergies prior to receiving service.
- No numbing cream may be utilized during treatment. DCD will be utilized in office pending service
- Discontinue use of Accutane for 6-12 months
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks – always use a minimum of SPF 30
- Avoid topical antibiotics, retinoids, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide 5-7 days prior to procedure
- No IPL/Laser procedures 7-14 days prior
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior.
- No active cold sores. If you are prone to cold sores it is recommended to take a prophylactic 3 days prior and 3 days following treatment.
- Please shave the entire area to be treated either day of or night before treatment with a clean razor. If area is not shaved prior to treatment there will be a $40 grooming fee applied to your service.
- Redness, mild swelling, and heat following treatment for up to 24 hours is common. Any discomfort beyond 24 hours, we request that you contact our office for further direction
- Small pinpoint bruising may occur from the laser therapy; more common in those on Aspirin and herbal supplements
- Itching to the treatment site can be alleviated with a topical 1% Cortisone cream; please contact our office is itching persists beyond 48 hours.
- Cool water, ice and aloe Vera are recommended to alleviate local discomfort of the treated area.
- If blistering, pigment changes, or increased discomfort occur contact the office immediately for proper direction and care
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 3 to 5 days; always ensure sun block of a minimum SPF 30
- Application of makeup is permissible after heat and redness have subsided
- Follow proper home care instructions customized by your provider
- Avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms or hot showers for 24 hour